Friday, August 14, 2009

Journal 15-8-2009

Journal 15-8-2009

Scripture

Deuteronomy 21:22-23 (NKJV)

Miscellaneous Laws

22 “If a man has committed a sin deserving of death, and he is put to death, and you hang him on a tree, 23 his body shall not remain overnight on the tree, but you shall surely bury him that day, so that you do not defile the land which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance; for he who is hanged is accursed of God.

Observation

Initially I thought “2 verses only”, but was again (as usual) amazed by God and His word. Writing these Journals has been a struggle. The evil one will always provide an alternative or an excuse. I thank God for his faithfulness and mercy for persevering on writing my online journals. I only pray that I can faithfully continue the good work I have started. God again reminds me that holiness is His priority. When I read these verses…It glared to me personally…

Deuteronomy 21:22-23 (NKJV) (personalized)

22 “If a you have committed a sin deserving of death (every sin we commit is deserving death), and you put your sin to death, and you crucify it on the tree, 23 your sin shall not remain overnight , but you shall surely bury your sin immediately, so that you do not defile your salvation which the LORD your God is giving you as an inheritance; for sin which you hung is accursed of God.

Jesus was hung on a tree. He paid the price for our sin. We must bury our sin immediately because going back to the sin is like touching a dead body.

Application

I must crucify my sin. I must repeat them no more.

I must cherish my salvation and not defile myself.

Response

Lord thank you for reminding me that you reign in my life. Let me not defile my relationship with you but let me persevere in living a holy life. Teach me to always be faithful. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment