Monday, August 10, 2009

Journal 11-8-2009

Journal 11-8-2009

Scripture

Amos 5 : 21-24

21 “ I hate, I despise your feast days,
And I do not savor your sacred assemblies.
22 Though you offer Me burnt offerings and your grain offerings,
I will not accept them,
Nor will I regard your fattened peace offerings.
23 Take away from Me the noise of your songs,
For I will not hear the melody of your stringed instruments.
24 But let justice run down like water,
And righteousness like a mighty stream.

Observation

God hates our special suppers, religious meetings, sacrifices, songs and music. These are all outward expressions of our faith in God. God is only interested in all that we offer only if we offer our lives to Him. We must always apply justice and righteousness. He uses water and stream as a metaphor. He wants our attitude to be constant and flowing. Water only stops flowing when it is contained. Even then it evaporates, condenses, and transpires. Water will always flow. As people notice that we flow, then they’ll know.

Application

I must not focus on my outward expression to God. I must focus on my inward expression. I must strife for justice and righteousness. Like water, we must always be flowing in God’s direction.

Response

Lord, I thank you for who you are. Thank you for helping me learn that our outward expressions mean nothing to you if we are not in Your flow. Teach me to always be righteous and just in whatever I do. Teach me to always live in your ways. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment