Monday, September 7, 2009

8-9-2009: Do Not Waver

8-9-2009: Do Not Waver




Scripture

James 1:16-18 (King James Version)

16Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Observation

We must never make a mistake when we receive blessings from God. God doesn’t swerve. We are considered firstfruits of God’s creatures. We are His treasured possession. Sometimes I wonder, why us? Why God put us on top of the food chain to govern the world despite knowing our sins and still makes us survive to this day? He is indeed a God of hope. Let us not give up on God because he still has hope for us.

Application

I must appreciate all gifts from god. Nothing I achieve is by my own efforts.

I must always trust God.

I must always turn to His words of truth.

Response

Lord, I thank you for all that you have done in my life. I praise you for you never change and are always the same. Teach me to emulate your ways Lord. Guide me in your truth. In Jesus name I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment